The Arkansas Asphalt Pavement Association was founded in 2000 so that Arkansas contractors could have a collaborative voice to promote quality asphalt in Arkansas.
The goals of the AAPA are to:
- Support quality asphalt research and design
- Improve communications in both the public and private sectors of the industry
- Liaison to peer groups such as NAPA, AGC, and the Asphalt Institute
- Liaison to city, county, state, and federal government bodies
- Provide education concerning the benefits of asphalt usage
We currently represent over 50 asphalt plants and over 97 percent of the hot mix suppliers and lay down contractors in Arkansas.